Our church school goal is to love, inspire and educate our children and youth to grow in faith, to love and serve the Lord in a safe, secure, God-centered community.
Children are an important part of our parish community. Children gather in their own worship space for singing, praying, learning, fun and crafts. Parents are free to remain with their children in the Sunday School space. The children usually return to their parents at the time of the Lord’s Prayer so that we can all come together for the Eucharist.
Secondly, all baptized children, regardless of age, are encouraged to receive communion (with parental consent). If you have questions about your child receiving communion, please speak with one of the clergy.
There are also other Christian education opportunities throughout the year:
- Advent Family Day (Mothers’ Union) – late November
- Christmas Pageants - December
- Life in the Eucharist programme - Spring
- Stations of the Cross on Good Friday
- Sundae Sunday - September
- Bowling Afternoon – Late Fall
- Parish Pancake Supper & Game Night - February
- Various Other activities.
The Parish of St John’s uses a “multi-age” format where all children learn together. Sunday School & Nursery is open to children and youth ages 2 and up.
For more details of The Seasons of the Spirit curriculum:
www.spiritseasons.com or www.seasonsonline.ca